Wednesday, August 3, 2011

New work and Vacation Plans

As I pack my bags and meet work deadlines before my month long break,
I thought a post of my new work was long overdue.

I recently illustrated the homepage for Diaperkind, a cloth diaper
service for New York City. It was refreshing to move away from
food for a while and create a fantasy NYC community.


diaperkind

I've recently been commissioned to illustrate a Q & A section in Healthy Cooking
magazine every month. Here's the latest about what a diabetic truck driver
should eat on the road.

Healthy Cooking Magazine


I also completed the second and last in the poster series for Grow NYC
on seasonal produce. I've loved creating these posters and
discovering ways to render the wonderful, textural qualities.
These will be available sometime soon in my shop.


Greenmarket Herbs

Greenmarket Tomatoes

And lastly, Food + Wine magazine asked me to create a new product
inspired by a seasonal recipe for their September issue. Sadly, I
just discovered the story changed direction and it didn't make it
in however, I love the way it looks and will be taking bespoke orders.

Radish recipe On Wood

So, tomorrow we leave for England and France where I plan on
resting, eating amazing meals and relaxing in nature.
I'll be sketching so stay tuned for pictures when I return.
Happy August lovely readers.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the tomato & herb illustrations! Whereabouts in England are you visiting I wonder? Have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete