Friday, August 14, 2009

Life in the Dordogne

We've spent some lovely, lazy days in France and couldn't have wished for a more tranquil experience. I turned 40 while we were there (yikes) and my lovely sister Laura surprised my husband and I with 2 nights away at a beautiful Chateau where we ate 5 course dinners, had lunch in a local medieval town, lounged by the pool and really relaxed.





The local towns hold wonderful food markets every week and the entire place is transformed into a feast of fruits, vegetables, cheeses and meats.




And even though I've been going there all my life the graphics and simple neon posters to advertise summer festivals still make me smile.






Brooklyn seems a million miles away.
Back in London now to see family, friends and to catch some culture.
My daily blog returns next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment