Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Re:Form School Paintings

We had a fabulous weekend enjoying the amazing
work at the Re:Form School show. I hope that some of you
managed to visit and if you did would love to know
your thoughts.

My paintings were inspired by Alice Waters Edible Schoolyard
and the idea that every school child should have access to
fresh, locally grown produce.
I painted my illustrations on both bamboo and fallen palm leaf plates.
I wanted to emphasize the amount of waste that goes on
in school cafeterias across the US. Every day mounds of styrofoam
and plastic are emptied into giant garbage cans.

If only we could use sustainable materials to serve our children
balanced and nutritional meals.

The paintings that have not sold will be available in my store in the
following week.


Re:Form School Wall


Re:Form School Wall detail

No comments:

Post a Comment