Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rostarr

Good morning. I don't know if it's because I'm British and I'm predisposed to talk about the weather but I'm compelled to say that this June has been unbelievably bleak and I'm longing for some sunny days.

A few weeks ago I went to visit some friends Rostarr and Magali that have just bought a new home in Bedford Stuyvesant up the road from me in Brooklyn. Rostarr is a wonderful painter that has been producing beautiful work for over a decade and is now having shows worldwide. His paintings have evolved from huge intricate canvases to
drawings that are reminiscent of Arabic calligraphy and Eastern design.
I was so happy to see his new studio which is underneath his apartment and showcases years of amazing creativity.
Imagine how thrilled I was when they gave me a pair of Converse that he designed.








No comments:

Post a Comment